Prospect New Orleans is partnering with Bike Easy to offer visitors and locals the opportunity to experience P.3 by Bicycle. Tours will take place on Sundays from October 25, 2014 until January 24, 2015, and on VIP preview days, October 23 and 24.
Bike Easy is a local bike advocacy organization whose mission it is to make bicycle riding in New Orleans easy, safe and fun.
VIP preview days: October 23 and 24
Sundays: Oct 25, 2014 – Jan 25, 2015
All tours begin at Confederacy of Cruisers, 634 Elysian Fields Ave, and explore P.3 Venues throughout the City.
$80 per person – Includes tour, museum admission, and $25 bicycle rental
$55 per person – Includes tour and museum admission (provide your own bike)
Bike Easy is excited to be partnering with Prospect.3 New Orleans to present P.3 Rides – an opportunity for visitors and locals to experience P.3 by bicycle! With so many exhibitions and events taking place concurrently, P.3 Rides will simplify the process of engaging in P.3’s offerings.
Our tour will take you to P.3 venue highlights throughout the Faubourgs, New Orleans’ historic neighborhoods, and will include background information on the Prospect.3: Notes for Now biennial.
Tours last 4-5 hours, with the majority of the time spent viewing venues. We will also provide a stop for lunch at a local eatery.
For more information and to make a reservation, please visit http://bikeeasy.org/projects/p.3-rides-prospect-3-bike-tours/
Book your tour today!
Booking a P.3 Rides tour is simple:
- First, fill out your contact information and select the tour date at http://bikeeasy.org/projects/p.3-rides-prospect-3-bike-tours/
- Once we receive your booking form, we will follow up shortly with a Paypal link for you to pay for the tour and complete your reservation. Once you receive a Paypal confirmation via email, your tour is reserved! Please note that the tour is not reserved until payment is received.
Please note that booking for weekend tours closes at 12pm on the Friday prior to that tour. If you are interested in booking after 12pm on a Friday for this weekend’s tours, please call us at 504-400-5468 or 504-565-8497. We can only accept a limited number of walkups, so please call us for availability to ensure that we can accommodate you!
Information about tour confirmation, refunds, and cancellations:
- There will be no tours offered December 20/21 and 27/28 due to a holiday hiatus.
- We need a minimum of 2 riders to offer a tour. If you are the only registered rider, we will let you know at the time of registration that the tour is pending and notify you immediately when the tour is confirmed. If we do not have 2 riders to offer a tour, we will offer a 100% refund and notify you by Friday at noon prior to the tour.
- If you book a tour and need to reschedule, let us know by Friday at noon before your tour and we’ll reschedule for no added cost. If you need to cancel a tour reservation, let us know by Friday at noon and we will give you a 100% refund. If you let us know on Friday by 10pm, we can refund for 50% of the tour cost. If you miss a tour without notifying us, we are unable to provide a refund.
- In the case that a tour needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather, we will notify you at noon the day before the tour. In cases where we cancel a tour, we will, of course, provide you with a 100% refund.
- We do accept walk-up tours, provided that there is space on the tour. However, we strongly encourage you to pre-register to ensure a spot on the tour. Call us for tour availability if it is after 12pm on a Friday at 504-400-5468 or 504-565-8497.
If you are interested in booking a tour for a group of 7 or more, please contact email@example.com to learn more about group logistics and rates.
P.3 has partnered with Bike Taxis Unlimited to provide tours of some of the Prospect.3: Notes for Now venues. The following tours are offered for $45 per hour and can be customized upon request. Regular trips to venues will be offered at the standard rate of $1 per minute or $60 per hour.
Tour #1: Central City/Downtown/9th Ward (approximately 3.5-4 hours)
- George and Leah McKenna Museum of African American Art
- Ashé Cultural Arts CenterExchange Gallery
- Joan Mitchell Center Studios
- New Orleans African American Museum
- Treme Market Branch
- May Gallery & Residency
- UNO St. Claude Gallery
Tour #2: Downtown/French Quarter (approximately 2-3 hours)
- Contemporary Arts Center New Orleans
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- AIA New Orleans (1000 St. Charles)
- Esplanade Ave Wharf (viewable from the Moon Walk directly across from Jackson Square)
Tour #3: City Park Area & Uptown (2-3 hours)
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- City Park
- Dillard University
- Isaac Delgado Art Gallery, Delgado College
- Newcomb Art Gallery, Tulane University
Call 504.891.3441 for information about tours and to book a reservation.